Monday, December 31, 2012

52 Books in 52 Weeks

I love to read, but I readily admit that I usually choose to read "easy" books.  I love Amish fiction because it is easy, quick, and the stories and characters lead me to reflect on my own walk with God.  I don't usually choose to read intellectually challenging literature, because I read for relaxation instead of stimulation most of the time.  However, as 2012 comes to a close and we get ready to ring in 2013, I want to challenge myself to put more effort into choosing quality literature, and learning new things in the next year.  So, I have decided to join a group with the goal of reading 52 books in 52 weeks.  In addition to that goal, I will also be participating in the 5/5/5 challenge - read 5 books from each of 5 categories or 5 genres.  The genres are fiction, autobiography, history, drama, and poetry.  I have my first book, Pride and Prejudice, and I'm ready to start tomorrow!  Click on the picture on my sidebar to read more about the 52 books in 52 weeks challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment